HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did Jesus preexist his birth?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Brad Watson, Miami

Brad Watson, Miami

Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Myth?   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 2 Empty3/13/2013, 14:18

Ed J wrote:
Jesus was able to vanish and appear in closed rooms. So I might also suggest dimensional time-travel may be available to us too.
Ed,

Was there a starship in orbit 2,000 years ago that was 'beaming' Jesus son of Joseph out of a room and, therefore, giving everyone observing the impression he was able to walk through walls? I think not. I AM convinced that Y'shua did NOT die on the Cross; 'death' is final. He had a near-death-experience and appeared ~37 hours later to his wife Mary Magdalen in the Garden a la the 'God-guy' in the Guardin' of Eden. He kept a very low profile for 40 days and then split to somewhere outside the Roman Empire, perhaps Britain with Joseph of Arimathea.

Are you open-minded to there being many myths attached to the historical Y'shua ben Yosef, i.e. him walking through walls after his
crucifixion?
Back to top Go down
Colter

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus preexist his birth?   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 2 Empty3/13/2013, 22:05

Jesus resurrected himself in a new form, the celestial body that we shall all have. That is how Jesus could appear and disappear at will, walk through walls as it were etc. The human body of Jesus died and returned to dust via an accelerated decomposition technique. NOTE: The burial cloths of Jesus still lay in the tomb, he appears in a new white robe. Lazarus, on the other hand, emerged from his tomb with his burial cloths intact.

There were many per-christian mythologies that Jesus patterned his birth, life, death and resurrection after, presumably to make the story more appealing, more familiar to potential believers whence the messengers went out into the world. Jesus was quite different from the concept of a Jewish Messiah.

Colter
Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus preexist his birth?   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 2 Empty3/14/2013, 04:56

Hi Colter,

Thanks for your input.
Thank you too Brad.

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
http://www.holycitybiblecode.org
Back to top Go down
Frank4YAHWEH

PostSubject: Yahshua Did Not Pre-exist His Birth ...   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 2 Empty5/3/2013, 06:12

Ed J wrote:

The essence of this question is discussed on many forums - so I think we should discuss it here as well.

I myself do not believe that Yahshua pre-existed his birth as an actual being. I believe that he first came into existence as an actual being when he was formed in his mother's womb.
Back to top Go down
Brad Watson, Miami

Brad Watson, Miami

PostSubject: 39 lashes & 39 hours   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 2 Empty5/3/2013, 07:47

I AM convinced that Y'shua ben Yosef received 39 lashes and did NOT die on the Cross on Friday April 7, 30 AD; 'death' is final. He had a near-death-experience and appeared 39 hours later at sun-rise to his wife Mary Magdalen in the Garden a la the 'God-guy' in the Guardin' of Eden. He kept a very low profile for 40 days and then split to somewhere outside the Roman Empire, perhaps Britain with Joseph of Arimathea.

At what time of day does the Bible say that Jesus the Christ died on the Cross? ...

Matt 27:46 And about the ninth hour, Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My GOD, my GOD, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Mark 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is, being interpreted, "My GOD, my GOD, why hast thou forsaken me?"

The Gospels state that the Messiah apparently died sometime around the 9th hour of the day (9 hours after the sun had risen). The ninth hour would be about our 3pm in the afternoon with the sun-rise being about our 6 am. He was set in the sepulcher before sun-set. Keep in mind that the reason they were in a hurry to bury Jesus was because the Sabbath would begin at sundown...

Luke 23:54 And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.

... this is because the Hebrew day begins and ends at sunset, as the Bible makes plain, and Jews practice even today-

Jesus appeared to die at 3pm and was buried on the preparation day (the day before the Sabbath) before sunset, which would begin the Sabbath day.
Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus preexist his birth?   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 2 Empty5/3/2013, 11:12

Frank4YAHWEH wrote:
Ed J wrote:

The essence of this question is discussed on many forums - so I think we should discuss it here as well.

Hi Frank, Welcome!

Do you believe that Jesus/Yahshua was part of God before his conception then?

Back to top Go down
Frank4YAHWEH

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus preexist his birth?   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 2 Empty5/15/2013, 05:20

Ed J wrote:
Frank4YAHWEH wrote:
Ed J wrote:

Hi Frank, Welcome!

I have never found in Scripture where it ever explains or proclaims "Yahshua was part of [Yahweh] before his conception.", so my answer would be no till I have found such a doctrine clearly explained or proclaimed in Scripture from where we are to get our doctrine for reproof and correction and instruction in righteousness. If "Yahshua was part of [Yahweh] before his conception" then he would have pre-existed his birth which I had previously stated that I do not believe. I believe that the Messiah only pre-exited as a thought in his and our Heavenly Father and Creator's plan. In this sense I guess you could say "Yahshua was part of God before his conception.", but I would never make such a statement as "Yahshua was part of [Yahweh] before his conception.", since this would lead someone into believing that I am a Dualist.
Back to top Go down
Frank4YAHWEH

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus preexist his birth?   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 2 Empty5/15/2013, 05:31

Brad Watson, Miami wrote:
I AM convinced that Y'shua ben Yosef received 39 lashes and did NOT die on the Cross on Friday April 7, 30 AD; 'death' is final. He had a near-death-experience and appeared 39 hours later at sun-rise to his wife Mary Magdalen in the Garden a la the 'God-guy' in the Guardin' of Eden. He kept a very low profile for 40 days and then split to somewhere outside the Roman Empire, perhaps Britain with Joseph of Arimathea.

At what time of day does the Bible say that Jesus the Christ died on the Cross? ...

Matt 27:46 And about the ninth hour, Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is to say, "My GOD, my GOD, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Mark 15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is, being interpreted, "My GOD, my GOD, why hast thou forsaken me?"

The Gospels state that the Messiah apparently died sometime around the 9th hour of the day (9 hours after the sun had risen). The ninth hour would be about our 3pm in the afternoon with the sun-rise being about our 6 am. He was set in the sepulcher before sun-set. Keep in mind that the reason they were in a hurry to bury Jesus was because the Sabbath would begin at sundown...

Luke 23:54 And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.

... this is because the Hebrew day begins and ends at sunset, as the Bible makes plain, and Jews practice even today-

Jesus appeared to die at 3pm and was buried on the preparation day (the day before the Sabbath) before sunset, which would begin the Sabbath day.

Since you have stated "'death' is final", then I take it that you do not believe in the resurrection of the dead, right?
Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus preexist his birth?   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 2 Empty5/16/2013, 00:41

Frank4YAHWEH wrote:
Ed J wrote:
Frank4YAHWEH wrote:
I myself do not believe that Yahshua pre-existed his birth as an actual being.
I believe that he first came into existence as an actual being when he was formed in his mother's womb.
I have never found in Scripture where it ever explains or proclaims "Yahshua was part of [Yahweh] before his conception.", so my answer would be no till I have found such a doctrine clearly explained or proclaimed in Scripture from where we are to get our doctrine for reproof and correction and instruction in righteousness. If "Yahshua was part of [Yahweh] before his conception" then he would have pre-existed his birth which I had previously stated that I do not believe. I believe that the Messiah only pre-exited as a thought in his and our Heavenly Father and Creator's plan. In this sense I guess you could say "Yahshua was part of God before his conception.", but I would never make such a statement as "Yahshua was part of [Yahweh] before his conception.", since this would lead someone into believing that I am a Dualist.
Hi Frank,

What do you make of this verse then...
..."For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me,
....and have believed that I came out from God." (John 16:27)

And... what is 'a Dualist'?

Back to top Go down
Brad Watson, Miami

Brad Watson, Miami

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus preexist his birth?   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 2 Empty6/28/2013, 07:35

Frank4YAHWEH wrote:
Since you have stated "'death' is final", then I take it that you do not believe in the resurrection of the dead, right?
Frank,

All our eternal souls - including Jesus son of Joseph - pass through time by reincarnation. The Christ has returned to show how through the scientific method (including experimentation), reincarnation proves the "resurrection of the dead".
Back to top Go down
Frank4YAHWEH

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus preexist his birth?   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 2 Empty9/15/2013, 12:28

Brad Watson, Miami wrote:
Frank4YAHWEH wrote:
Frank,

All our eternal souls - including Jesus son of Joseph - pass through time by reincarnation. The Christ has returned to show how through the scientific method (including experimentation), reincarnation proves the "resurrection of the dead".
Well. I am speaking of what Scripture teaches as doctrine, not reincarnation and that men have immortal souls.
Back to top Go down
Frank4YAHWEH

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus preexist his birth?   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 2 Empty9/15/2013, 12:36

Ed J wrote:
Frank4YAHWEH wrote:
Ed J wrote:
Frank4YAHWEH wrote:
I myself do not believe that Yahshua pre-existed his birth as an actual being.
I believe that he first came into existence as an actual being when he was formed in his mother's womb.
Hi Frank,

What do you make of this verse then...
..."For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me,
....and have believed that I came out from God." (John 16:27)

And... what is 'a Dualist'?

I believe that the Messiah came out from Yahowah just as the prophets of old before him came out from Yahowah.

Yahshua Came Down From Heaven
http://frank4yahweh.tripod.com/CameDownFromHeaven.html
Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus preexist his birth?   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 2 Empty1/23/2015, 14:18

Frank4YAHWEH wrote:
Ed J wrote:

I myself do not believe that Yahshua pre-existed his birth as an actual being. I believe that he first came into existence as an actual being when he was formed in his mother's womb.

Hi Frank4YAHWEH,

Do you believe that Yahshua before being born into this plane was part of God?

Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus preexist his birth?   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 2 Empty3/23/2015, 13:23

Frank4YAHWEH wrote:
Ed J wrote:
Frank4YAHWEH wrote:

Hi Frank, Welcome!

Hi Frank4YAHWEH, What do you make of this verse:

"And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was." (John 17:5)

Back to top Go down
Danny Dabbs

PostSubject: Did Jesus preexist his birth?   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 2 Empty1/26/2016, 06:31

deleted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus preexist his birth?   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next