More Spiritual

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
really

More Spiritual - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Spiritual   More Spiritual - Page 3 Empty5/20/2013, 12:18

Hi Ed.
Your explanation regarding Jesus equaling the same in english gematria as lucifer, tarot, masonic, etc is silly.

I have nor read all of Barnabus. I doubt he practised english gemetria! As for the number of the beast, that was not english gemetria.

It is so hard to post with this phone, i miss my laptop.
Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: More Spiritual   More Spiritual - Page 3 Empty5/20/2013, 12:35

really wrote:
Ed J wrote:
really wrote:
Do you see any mention of Jesus and the disciples adding up numbers? NO.
Do you consider "Barnabas" to be a disciple?
Hi Ed.
Your explanation regarding Jesus equaling the same in english gematria as lucifer, tarot, masonic, etc is silly.

I have nor read all of Barnabus. I doubt he practised english gemetria! As for the number of the beast, that was not english gemetria.

It is so hard to post with this phone, i miss my laptop.
Hi Really,

(Barnabas 8:12-13: (click here)

Barnabas 8:12 Mark, first the eighteen, and next the three hundred.
For the numeral letters of ten and eight are I H. And these denote Jesus.
13 And because the cross was that by which we were to find grace; therefore
he adds, three hundred; the note of which is T (the figure of his cross). Wherefore by
two letters he signified Jesus, and by the third his cross. (Note: Abraham had 318 servants)

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
http://www.holycitybiblecode.org
Back to top Go down
really

PostSubject: Re: More Spiritual   More Spiritual - Page 3 Empty5/20/2013, 13:07

Hi Ed.
That is not english gemetria as you practise, is it? Also it has nothing to do with what you saying regarding the equal equations of Jesus and those other words.
Yes, some biblical doctrines we may agree on but, a good lie has a high percentage of truth.
Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: More Spiritual   More Spiritual - Page 3 Empty5/20/2013, 14:10

really wrote:
Hi Ed.
That is not english gemetria as you practise, is it? Also it has nothing to do with what you saying regarding the equal equations of Jesus and those other words.
Yes, some biblical doctrines we may agree on but, a good lie has a high percentage of truth.
Hi Really, Oh no?

.............................“Gematria”=74 x 1 (Factors 74 in English)

In English, the significant number (74) is attributed to “JOSHUA”=74 and “Messiah”=74; also
in the following: “JESUS”=74, “Cross”=74, “Gospel”=74; even the word “English”=74.

...............................Theomatics (Jesus also factors 74 in Greek)

“Jesus Christ” (74x32) also factors 74 in Greek Theomatically:
[Jesus] Ιησους=74(x12), [Christ] Χριστоς=74(x20).
[Son of Man] υιος τον ανθρωπου=74(x40).

.....................Prime Number Counterparts

JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS”=373 (John 19:19)
This most popular phrase curiously adds up to the 74th prime number: 373.
Furthermore: “The King” equals 74 as well, which is at the center of this verse.

Back to top Go down
really

PostSubject: Re: More Spiritual   More Spiritual - Page 3 Empty5/20/2013, 23:40

Hi Ed, very good, though i disagree as you know. But how does one become more spiritual? To be continued......
Back to top Go down
really

PostSubject: Re: More Spiritual   More Spiritual - Page 3 Empty5/20/2013, 23:43

1) Change begins in the heart and mind -2) God's spirit begins that change.

Agree or add to that?
Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: More Spiritual   More Spiritual - Page 3 Empty6/1/2013, 19:17

really wrote:

Agree or add to that?
Hi Really,

God begins knocking on the door of our heart
long before we begin to participating in change.

Back to top Go down
BrianC

BrianC

PostSubject: Re: More Spiritual   More Spiritual - Page 3 Empty10/14/2014, 09:23

Ed J wrote:
Hi Everyone,

How does one become more "Spiritual"?
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Point #1:  The most important thing you need to do is to kill the ego. How? by starving it to death.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know if "starving" the ego is the best way to put it, but I see what you're saying, and there's truth to that.

The ego is our dysfunctional emotions running the show. We fear, and so the ego tries to keep us safe by controlling our emotional state and things around us. But it's all out of fear.

We basically just starve our addictions, one at a time. Lots of things are addictions--things we never thought of as addictions. Everyone's addicted to something, and probably several things. Sometimes, when addicted to several things, it looks like we're addicted to nothing, because we're so wide spread. But trust me, we're all addicted. We can even be addicted to religion or studying theology in order to feel better about ourselves through what we believe or know.

When we starve an addiction by doing it less, the emotions that addiction is suppressing will surface. So we sit with those dysfunctioning emotions (either fear, anger, grief, or a combination of them). We feel them without condition and we put no judgments on them. We accept them as they are, without condition. They're not right or wrong, good or bad...they're just emotions that need to be accepted unconditionally (unconditionally loved). When we do that, they eventually integrate/resolve. It's kind of like "getting rid of them," but it's not. It's more like converting them over into usable fuel for positive emotions. If a heart is hardened, very little of it beats to pump blood for energy, right? Well, dysfunctional emotions are the hardness in the heart. When they soften up with love, they convert over to healthy muscle in the heart so it beats, producing energy (I'm speaking metaphorically). If we do anything else, we're keeping hardness in our hearts and won't be able to use them to their full capacity.

Quote :

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Point #2: You must also concerning yourself with others instead of yourself.

Note: You CANNOT ask what their concerns are, because they will not tell you,
instead they will take that as an opportunity to help them in supplying their lusts,
and that's something you CANNOT DO! You have to covertly find out what their
concerns are, and then work to meet them. Here are some examples on what to do...
Examples:

A. If they have no car, offer to take them to the store.
B. If they are troubled, lend an ear and listen.

But you shouldn't offer people in close contact with you money,
for the same reason that you shouldn't ask what their concerns are.

Concerning yourself with others is a natural way of acting once the dysfunctional emotions have been integrated. It doesn't have to be forced (faked) at all. It just starts happening naturally. When our anger, fear, and grief are integrated, we feel only positive emotions. There's great joy, peace, and passion in them. And with that comes an incredible desire to share it with others. That's when we find our passion in life and do it. And as we do it, people get helped naturally. We aren't even trying to help anyone, but they get helped. It's amazing how God has designed us to become little children who are free to play as they like, and we end up helping people naturally as we do this. That's beautiful.
Back to top Go down
BrianC

BrianC

PostSubject: Re: More Spiritual   More Spiritual - Page 3 Empty10/14/2014, 09:31

Ed J wrote:
really wrote:

Agree or add to that?
Hi Really,

God begins knocking on the door of our heart
long before we begin to participating in change.

I completely agree.

The thoughts of the mind are a result of the emotions of the heart. All thoughts have their causal root in the heart. However, there are also thoughts that are a result of parasitic entities (demons) attached to the energy of the heart. Those thoughts are not ours. And those impulses are not ours. Those impulses are those entities' impulses. They're using us for a good time. lol I haven't decided whether they mean to harm us, or if them harming us is just a result of them using us for a good time. Either way, they're using us and it causes harm to us and others.

As we heal the heart, those entities have a hard time hanging around it. I've seen amazing things happen when those entities are cast out. The results aren't always immediate, but will sometimes take days and days. However, I think real emotional work needs to be done for lasting change so that more entities don't just replace the old ones. I don't worry too much about demonic things. When they're a problem, I'll know and I'll deal with it.

I start with the emotional work first and consistently (daily) attend to it. I starve the addictive behavior by limiting it, then I start to feel the emotional undercurrent. At that point, if I feel the demonic is keeping the emotions from integrating, then I'll cast it off. Each situation is different and calls for personal insight. Sometimes, the emotional healing work will end up disbanding the parasitic entities (demonic).
Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: More Spiritual   More Spiritual - Page 3 Empty10/18/2014, 12:22

BrianC wrote:
Ed J wrote:

Point #2: You must also concerning yourself with others instead of yourself.

Note: You CANNOT ask what their concerns are, because they will not tell you,
instead they will take that as an opportunity to help them in supplying their lusts,
and that's something you CANNOT DO! You have to covertly find out what their
concerns are, and then work to meet them. Here are some examples on what to do...
Examples:

A. If they have no car, offer to take them to the store.
B. If they are troubled, lend an ear and listen.

But you shouldn't offer people in close contact with you money,
for the same reason that you shouldn't ask what their concerns are.

Concerning yourself with others is a natural way of acting once the dysfunctional emotions have been integrated. It doesn't have to be forced (faked) at all. It just starts happening naturally. When our anger, fear, and grief are integrated, we feel only positive emotions. There's great joy, peace, and passion in them. And with that comes an incredible desire to share it with others. That's when we find our passion in life and do it. And as we do it, people get helped naturally. We aren't even trying to help anyone, but they get helped. It's amazing how God has designed us to become little children who are free to play as they like, and we end up helping people naturally as we do this. That's beautiful.
Hi Brian,

Sorry if my words were not clear.
Not 'concern yourself with others' - BUT - "concern yourself with other's concerns"

Back to top Go down
BrianC

BrianC

PostSubject: Re: More Spiritual   More Spiritual - Page 3 Empty10/19/2014, 10:22

Ed J wrote:

Not 'concern yourself with others'  - BUT - "concern yourself with other's concerns"

Oh, that's okay. My words weren't clear either. I actually meant that concerning yourself with other's concerns is natural behavior for us when we're matured. The way I said it--concerning ourselves with others--is very open-ended and can be done in function or dysfunction. Then again, all things can be done in function or dysfunction. Most people do most of the things they do out of dysfunction and they have no clue why they do them. They think they know, but they don't.

You'd be surprised how many suppressed emotions come out in weird behaviors that don't seem to resemble the suppressed emotion at all. That's one reason it's so tricky for people to spot the behaviors that come from their suppressed emotions. It's only when a person does the emotional work properly by digging into their heart experientially that they start to get insight on this and see what behaviors their suppressed emotions have turned into. No matter how much I knew about my suppressed emotions and the behaviors they caused, my "knowing" intellectually didn't ever fix anything. It wasn't until I experienced the emotions firsthand that I actually started making huge progress. I can now be depressed and joyful at the same time. Sounds impossible, right? Not at all. I have great joy when I'm going through depression or sadness. Sometimes, I carry great joy even when I'm anger. And when I respond physically to the joy instead of the anger, I make even more progress. I don't try to help nearly as many people now, which one would think is a bad thing, right? But what I've found is that when I do help someone, I'm not even trying to do it. I'm just being my authentic self and they come into my path. I'm just being me, and they get helped. And when this happens, I'm in my element--meaning I have exactly what they need. And I have no motive of helping them. I just get to be myself...and they get helped. :) It's the coolest thing. You'd be surprised how many people's motives to help others come from suppressed dysfunctional emotions. Human behavior is a bizarre thing and difficult to understand. Psychology often misses the mark with it.
Back to top Go down
BrianC

BrianC

PostSubject: Re: More Spiritual   More Spiritual - Page 3 Empty10/19/2014, 10:25

My answer to "how does one become more spiritual" would be, "Try The Presence Process (Second/Revised Edition) by Michael Brown. Let the book guide you step by step into the process and just keep with it. If you don't agree with something in the book, that's fine. Just don't worry about that thing and keep going. And once you start, complete the process. One cannot see the results until after they've finished. It's the best way I know to open the door to being 'spiritual' as you call it."
Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: More Spiritual   More Spiritual - Page 3 Empty10/19/2014, 13:58

BrianC wrote:

(1)You'd be surprised how many suppressed emotions come out in weird behaviors that don't seem to resemble the suppressed emotion at all.
(2)It's only when a person does the emotional work properly by digging into their heart experientially that they start to get insight on this and see what behaviors their suppressed emotions have turned into.

Hi Brian,

1) Please do elaborate on this.
2) I don't know what you're saying here?

Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: More Spiritual   More Spiritual - Page 3 Empty10/19/2014, 14:03

BrianC wrote:
Ed J wrote:

Not 'concern yourself with others'  - BUT - "concern yourself with other's concerns"

Oh, that's okay. My words weren't clear either. I actually meant that concerning yourself with other's concerns is natural behavior for us when we're matured.

Ha ha
Back to top Go down
BrianC

BrianC

PostSubject: Re: More Spiritual   More Spiritual - Page 3 Empty10/20/2014, 01:47

Ed,

I'll see if I can explain those points. It won't be easy or short, though.

Okay, a child who doesn't get unconditional love from his parents will suppress certain emotions. Shame, fear, anger, sadness. They'll come out in different ways depending on what the child picks up as his coping mechanisms.

Some people have anger issues from way back in childhood, and it gets refocused into their work. So they work very hard and dilligently and they're rewarded for this by their boss and the respect of their coworkers. Our world sees a hard working and long hours as a good thing, and sure--hard work is great. But the intention behind something is what decides whether it's healthy behavior or not. And unfortunately, it's not our conscious minds deciding the intent--it's our unconscious hearts deciding the intent. In other words, the motives of our heart are usually not something we're aware of. And how could we be if we've suppressed our awareness of our emotions? So, the dilligent worker never suspects that his anger has turned into his work. Some workers don't need recognition for their work, and some do. So those who need recognition but don't realize it are actually operating out of insecurity, and it could be mingled with anger or sadness, too. Totally depends.

Did you know that steeling is often just a person trying to steel love? The thief didn't get unconditional love from his parents, and this results in a feeling of lack inside. He's suppressed this feeling long ago, though, so he doesn't know it's there. He wants to cover that feeling even though he doesn't realize it's there. So impulses come over him--impulses to steel. When he steels, he gets this rush or this satisfaction. That covers his feeling of lack for a little while. But then the rush or satisfaction goes away. He's left numb again, unable to feel his lack. He's trying to get a feeling of wholeness--completeness. That's a feeling only unconditional love can provide for a person. The guy is steeling things to try to feel whole or content. So he's actually trying to steel unconditional love and doesn't know it. A thief things money will make him feel whole. But when he scores big and makes a ton of money as a result, he's not happy. He still lacks unconditional love.

Now, check this out. I love this story. In Summerhill, A.S. Neill writes about things that happened at the school he created called Summerhill (this is non-fiction, of course). In one chapter, he's explaining thievery. He shows an example of a kid who's new to the school and therefore does not yet have a respect for the school. This kid's uncle calls and asks if the kid can visit him over the break. Neill says yes, but that the kid's mother will have to send him the money to get to his uncles on the train. The kid's mother calls and asks Neill to give him the money and she'll pay him back. Neill agrees and gives the kid the money. That night, Neill realizes he's been swindled and that the kid impersonated his mother's and his uncle's voices perfectly. Neill talks to his wife and they decide to reward the kid. So Neill goes up to the kid's room and says, "It's your lucky day."

The kid says, "It sure is."

Neill says, "More than you know. The train fair went up and your mother sent a little more money for you to cover it." Neill tosses extra money on the bed for the kid and leaves.

The kid knew immediately that Neill knew what had happened, but the kid didn't understand why Neill had rewarded him for it. He asked Neill why he did that. Neill wouldn't answer for a few weeks to give the kid time to think about it. Finally, Neill answered the kid one day. He said, "How did it make you feel when I gave you that money?"

The kid said, "It made me feel like an adult was on my side for the first time in my life."

The kid stopped steeling after that. You see, the kid didn't want money--he wanted unconditional love, even when he was being "bad" as some might call it. He was trying to steel that love, and do so out of spite (anger) for authority. He was so angry that his parents hadn't given him unconditional love or modeled it for him, because it made him feel awful inside. So awful that he had to suppress it, and it turned into steeling. He didn't know it had turned into steeling, but it had. The two seem completely unrelated, but they're not. Rewarding the kid with a symbol of unconditional love (in this case, money) cured his thievery. Now you understand why Jesus said, "If a man steels your overcoat, give him your shirt, as well."

You'd be surprised what behaviors we have that look nothing like the suppressed emotion driving them. For instance, I explained to you and others in another thread how me explaining myself or my beliefs on forums was actually driven by a suppressed emotion. I had to let myself indulge in the behavior for a bit so I could get the insight into this. I needed the behavior to trigger some things inside of me emotionally and I needed to see it all play out in front of my eyes so I could recognize it through insight. And now, I'll stop posting to starve the behavior. That will bring the suppressed emotions to the surface. And they'll very likely feel awful. But I'll let them be, unconditionally, until they feel loved enough to integrate into the rest of my heart. That's how they "unharden", which will restore yet another part of my heart's functionality--energy. :)

Children don't get unconditional love modeled for them usually. That's incredibly rare. So they don't learn how to unconditionally love themselves. They also get the emotional signatures of their parents passed down to them, and those signatures block who they really are inside. They don't know how to love themselves as a result. Once those emotional signatures are resolved, they have peace and joy naturally, all the time. They accomplish that through being taught how to love themselves properly inside. The heart needs to be loved unconditionally, no matter what it feels. Otherwise, it will suppress and harden large pieces of itself--its energy. That makes it a hard heart. Then, it's not receptive to truth. Since God is truth, the heart will have a hard time truly accepting God for who He is, and it will instead resort to its preconceived notions of who God is and how He is. That's never beneficial. One must resolve the emotional patterns to see truth fully. And one must do like Jesus says in order to do that: judge not. In other words, we aren't to be judgmental about stuff in the world or about ourselves. We drop our opinions. We drop our supposed understanding of everything and everyone. We drop all barriers to connecting with people or sorting out people by race or religion. We open up and become unconditionally loving. We become vulnerable, most of all. And really, that stuff is accomplished when doing the emotional work.

It is not something that can really be explained--it must be experienced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Spiritual   More Spiritual - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

More Spiritual

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next