HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BrianC

BrianC

Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy Empty
PostSubject: Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy   Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy Empty10/15/2014, 04:02

1290 Day Prophecy (Daniel 12:7) Fulfilled

Dan 12:11 – "From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.

Let’s restate the above verse so it’s understood easier:
From the stopping of the daily sacrifice TO the abomination of desolation will be 1290 days.

There are two verses in the Bible that tell how a day, in regard to prophecy, is equal to a year.

Numbers 14:34
34 'According to the number of days which you spied out the land, forty days, for every day you shall bear your guilt a year, even forty years, and you will know My opposition.

Ezekiel 4:5-6
5 "For I have assigned you a number of days corresponding to the years of their iniquity, three hundred and ninety days; thus you shall bear the iniquity of the house of Israel.
6 "When you have completed these, you shall lie down a second time, but on your right side and bear the iniquity of the house of Judah; I have assigned it to you for forty days, a day for each year.

Hermenutically, the only way we can stop using the day = year method of interpretation is if the Bible later states that a day no longer equals a year prophetically.  Nowhere is that stated in the Bible, so we much assume that God always prophesies days to mean years.  Most likely, this is how God sealed prophecy for nearly 2500 years, as stated in Daniel 12. Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy is yet another proof of day = year interpretation.

History is recorded in solar years (365.24 day year). Daniel was under the 360 day Hebrew/Babylonian calendar. To convert to solar years, we divide 360 by 365.24 which equals .9857. That’s our conversion number.

1290 yrs multiplied by .9857 = 1271.533 solar years

During Daniel’s lifetime, the daily sacrifice was stopped only once, in 583BC, when the Jews were led captive out of Israel to Babylon, because the priests could only make sacrifices on the temple mount according to the law. No temple mount = no sacrifices. In other words, the 586BC date for Babylon destroying the temple is the wrong date to use for this prophecy. It was 583BC when the Jews were actually led away. Only the Jew's slaves were taken in 586BC.

-583BC + 1271.533 solar years = 688.533AD

688.533AD is the year construction of the Muslim Dome of the Rock began on the temple mount in Jerusalem. It's built as a memorial to Allah and Muhommad on the temple mount in Jerusalem and has plaques inside that say things like, “God would not be disgraced by having a son” (a very anti-Christ statement). If Muhommad was the false prophet, and the most profound expression of the spirit of anti-Christ is the extremist Muslims, Daniel's 1290 day prophecy and other parts of prophecy start to fall into place really well. We know the anti-christ is a spirit of anti-christ, not a person, because the only verses in the Bible that use the term anti-christ are in 1 John and 2 John. Every other attribution of the "anti-Christ" in scripture is someone assuming something means the anti-Christ, despite John's disproving he's a single person. Also, in the Hebrew manuscripts, the Abomination of Desolation has a word structure that shows this is a "wing" of the temple mount that it's built on. We know for certain the Dome of the Rock has been built on the Outer Courts now.

All of the numerical prophecies come out on very important dates like 1967AD (Jews get the temple mount back under their control after 2500 years), 1948AD ( Israel becomes a nation again), and even one that ends on 1776AD when the United States became a nation.  There are 13 numerical prophecies, and they all work out exactly on these specific dates. I could accept one numerical prophecy being coincidence, but for 13 of them to land right on the years they are supposed to land on is a statistical impossibility, unless God is involved of course.

All that this means is that the Time of the Gentiles is over as of 1967 and we’re in the Time of the End according to Daniel & Mark. I don't care to discuss it, really, but there’s a book called The False Prophet that explains all of these numerical prophecies and a little more. It can be read free online at: www (dot) ellisskolfield (dot) com (click on Books & Essays). Good luck and I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy   Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy Empty10/16/2014, 08:09

Hi Brian,

Excellent post! Yes, you are well studied. I have some
information to add, and it's nice when videos can be used.
The first video, taken from another thread, is a must see. (Link)  
The second video is on the term "time, times, and a half of time".

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
http://www.holycitybiblecode.org
Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy   Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy Empty10/16/2014, 08:13

Hi Brian,

..."The time is fulfilled." (Mark 1:15)

This video explains how that proclamation of Jesus (ref. Mark 1:15) points
directly to the Prophet Daniel's Prophecy (Daniel 9:24-27); a MUST-SEE video.

(start watching at time-line 10:50, and watch all the way to 50:50)

Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy   Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy Empty10/16/2014, 08:14

Hi Brian,

In this video Elis Skolfield offers a good
explanation of "time, times, and a half of time",
which ties into what you have said in the opening post.

Back to top Go down
BrianC

BrianC

PostSubject: Re: Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy   Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy Empty10/17/2014, 05:03

Yeah, videos are always nice.

Okay, I had to edit this comment. I said the time, times, and half a time was an easy one, but I just meant that it was easy to understanding that it means 2 1/2 instead of 3 1/2. Understanding the prophecy itself is much more tricky, though.

I like that Daniel had a time-times prophecy for the Jews, and John had a time-times prophecy for the Christians, and each one ended with the that tribe of people gaining a nation for their people. It's been a while since I saw that video.

- Brian
Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy   Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy Empty10/17/2014, 06:46

Hi Brian, Again glad to see you made it!

Please watch the video on the 70 weeks of Daniel
(40-minutes) and then tell me what you think of it, OK?

Back to top Go down
BrianC

BrianC

PostSubject: Re: Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy   Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy Empty10/17/2014, 08:31

I watched the video. You have to be careful with prophecy guys who track dates, because they like to move dates around in history to fit their interpretations. I'm not saying this guy's 100% incorrect, because he's close. But he's missed a few things. And he's misinterpreting the 70th week. I know he gives a pretty convincing argument that the 70th week is not separate, but actually, there is a reason given in the Law that cause it to be different than the other weeks (not separate, but different--and not in line with the others). That one's really difficult to explain. The math is easy, but the reason behind it is complicated. I'll explain in another post, or I'll scan and post Ellis's chapter in SOZO that explains it properly. The 70th week is following an old pattern we find in the Law.

Regarding the 69 weeks, Ellis converts the 483 days (69 of the 70 weeks of Daniel) into Hebrew 360-day years first, because Daniel was under a 360-day Hebrew/Babylonian calendar. That comes out to 476 solar years. Now the prophecy can be tracked through history properly. This is a must, because we record history in solar years, not Hebrew or Babylonian 360-day years.

Artaxerxes actually gave the decree to rebuild Jerusalem on March 14th in 445 BC. Modern archaeology has confirmed this date. So the guy on your video is about 13 years off on that date. But keep in mind, there's always a 1-to-3-year ambiguity with B.C. dates due to the calendar issues back then. This is a penned date, though, so it should be accurate. Here's a link to Wikipedia showing that as the accurate date:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artaxerxes_I_of_Persia

The guy in your video interpreting Jesus' 70x7 statement is interesting. Could be accurate.
Back to top Go down
BrianC

BrianC

PostSubject: Re: Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy   Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy Empty10/17/2014, 09:01

I've found a link to where someone typed out Ellis's Daniel's 70th Week chapter from SOZO. It will explain why this week is different. In one section, it gets into some scholarly stuff, but read through the entire chapter and it'll make sense. I'll give you a taste right now by showing you the dates. Here's the link--it's the first post:

http://bibleforums.org/showthread.php/54575-Daniel-s-70th-Week-Ellis-Skolfield

What I'm about to tell you will sound very convoluted, but once you read that chapter, you'll understand why the 70th week is different and that it's multiplied. Weird, I know, but you'll understand when you read it.

Okay, take the 70th week (that's 7 days).

7 days = 7 years

How many days are in 7 Hebrew years?

7 years x 360-Hebrew-calendar-days-per-year = 2520 days

Each one of those days is a Hebrew year. (Yeah, this is where it's odd, because we're doing the day = year thing twice) Hell of a lot of years, right?

Now let's convert 2,520 Hebrew years to solar years:

2,520 x .9857 = 2,484 (2,483.96, actually)

Daniel was given this prophecy in 536 BC, the same year Cyrus gave the decree to let the Jews return to Israel.

536 BC + 2,484 solar years = 1948 AD (Israel becomes a nation)

2,484 divided by 2 = 1,242 years (this gives us our half-way point in the Tribulation)

536 BC + 1,242 years = 706 BC (the year construction was completed on the Dome of the Rock)

So, this week spans 2,484 years. In 706 AD, which is dead center of this 2,484 period, the Dome of the Rock is completed on the wing of the temple. That's the Abomination of Desolation spoken of by Daniel in the 70 weeks verses. I misspoke in my initial post, because I said Daniel 12 has the "wing" mentioned in the 1,290 day prophecy. I was mistaken. It's Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy that has the "wing" mentioned in it. The word-for-word translation in Ellis' chapter will show this.

Anyway, so, the Abomination of Desolation was put up in the middle of the week, as stated. If I understand the history properly (and I think Ellis explains this in that link I gave you), there were definitely Jews in the land at the time. In fact, the Muslim ruler, in 636 AD I think it was, was walking with a Rabbi, telling him about his plans to build the Dome of the Rock on the temple mount. The Rabbi said, "That is the Abomination of Desolation for certain." I'm paraphrasing that, so it's probably slightly off.

So, the Tribulation is the entire 2,484 period. The "Great" Tribulation is the second half of this time period (1260 years). That's when millions of Christians are killed by the Catholics (Inquisition anyone?), and Jews have a really rough time, too. Christians (Catholics) did horrible things to them over those years, and in 1939-1945, Hitler killed over 6 million. This was truly the time of Great Tribulation for all believers. The church has so much power and use it so horribly. In 1948, the Tribulation ended with Israel getting its nation back. So, this is why you hear Paul say in the New Testament that he is our brother in tribulation.

Is this final week starting to make a little sense now? Ellis's chapter on the 70th week will get it all cleared up for you if you're not quite understanding yet. Hope this helps.

- Brian
Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy   Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy Empty10/18/2014, 14:39

Hi Brian,

Sorry, but I believe the Church of Christ guy explained it correctly. Yes
the "70 x 7" comment of Jesus was a clue, but "The Time is Fulfilled"
comment of Jesus in Mark 1:15 points DIRECTLY to the fulfillment
of the 69th week of Daniel and the beginning of the 70th week.

Now, as to the starting date of 457 BC,
I will lay out the data in my next post.

Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy   Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy Empty10/18/2014, 15:15

Hi Brian,

1) The reign of Artaxerxes was from 465 BC to 424 BC.  (Link)

2) The decree to restore and re-build Jerusalem was issued in the 5th month of the 7th year of Artaxerxes I. (ref. Ezra 7:7, 7:13 )

3) 465 - 7 years and 5 months gives us the starting date of 457 BC.

4) The decree of Artaxerxes I went into effect after Ezra's arrival in Judea.
....This was "the going forth" of the decree recoded in Daniel 9:25-26.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy   Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy Empty

Back to top Go down

Daniel's 1290 Day Prophecy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1