HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did Jesus preexist his birth?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Ed J

Ed J

Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus preexist his birth?   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 7 Empty11/27/2017, 05:49

Paradigm wrote:
Hi, I'm new here and was just reading through some of the threads. It is nice that Ed isn't afraid to delve into controversial subjects and allow those kinds of discussions.

That being said, I think we have to really get strict at times with our questions and terminology. Often if we do not use precision of language, we may arrive at a faulty conclusion or perhaps one that is less than accurate.

It is hard to detach from our cultural accents of thinking, speaking and perceiving the world, reality and the unknown. I think as we seek to align more and more with both the language, thinking and practices of the Bible things gradually become more clear.

Now I try to come at things as much as possible through a Hebrew lens. Therefore I am in the habit of using many of the Hebrew names and terms. I find that not only is this a more accurate approach to scripture, but that it enables me to see the scriptures more  through their authentic lens.

Therefore, when I refer to the Messiah, I normally will use his Hebrew name that he and others would have said and heard.

So I think we have to consider and/or question the soundness or precision of our questions. Is the right question,

"Did Y'shua/Jesus preexist his birth?"

Or would we get a different answer by asking "Did Messiah preexist his birth?" Initially this may seem like splitting hairs, but I think it is important to see a distinction here to better see and rightly divide.

Would we get the same or different answers based upon scripture to these two questions?

Did Y'shua/Jesus preexist his birth? Did Messiah preexist his birth?

I believe as we consider the questions, it helps us to begin the process of formulating the answers. Look forward to reading more of your posts.
Hi Paradigm,

Did the "spirit of Christ" preexist his birth? - Yes
Did "Jesus' flesh" preexist his birth? - No

The "spirit of Christ" is the bread that came down from heaven
"Jesus' flesh" is the bread that came out of the Earth (Job 28:5)

Micah 5:2 makes this distinction for us

Paradigm

Paradigm

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus preexist his birth?   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 7 Empty11/27/2017, 06:08

Ed J wrote:

Hi Paradigm,

Did the "spirit of Christ" preexist his birth? - Yes
Did "Jesus' flesh" preexist his birth? - No

The "spirit of Christ" is the bread that came down from heaven
"Jesus' flesh" is the bread that came out of the Earth (Job 28:5)

Micah 5:2 makes this distinction for us

Very well stated Ed. I have not read all of the posts in this thread, but certainly a good start on rightly dividing the word.
Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus preexist his birth?   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 7 Empty11/27/2017, 07:19

Paradigm wrote:

Very well stated Ed. I have not read all of the posts in this thread, but certainly a good start on rightly dividing the word.

Hi Paradigm,

I wrote three posts to you:
https://holycitybiblecode.forumotion.com/t229p270-the-god-numbers151-26-63-74-117-151

Please respond to me there, OK?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus preexist his birth?   Did Jesus preexist his birth? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Did Jesus preexist his birth?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7