HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TOPIC: OUR GIVING.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Apst Jude D. Oluoma

Apst Jude D. Oluoma

TOPIC: OUR GIVING. Empty
PostSubject: TOPIC: OUR GIVING.   TOPIC: OUR GIVING. Empty6/19/2020, 23:23

I preach a message I title Our Giving; the way we give is an indication of our love for God. All things belong to God. God says in (psalms 50:10) for every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle.

Everything we have received has come from God. God has only loaned them to us. (John 3:27) says, a man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from above.

We can never out-give God. In (Luke 6:38) we read, Give and it shall be given to you; we give so the Lord’s Church can better carry out its mission here on earth.

The world must be evangelized, and the Church must be edified, and the needy must be helped. In (1 Corinthians 16: 1-2) we read, now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given orders to the churches of Galatians . We see the giving here was to help the poor saints in Jerusalem.

Notice also they were to make a regular collection every first day of the week. Because of everything God has giving us, including His Son to die for us, we should be anxious to give back to Him. In (2 Corinthians 8:12) we read for if there is first a willing mind, it is accepted according.

God expects us to give what we are able to give. How can our love for God be real unless it is expressed in our obedience and our giving? Our giving is an expression of love, and get of praise, and sacrifice to God.

How we give is an indication of where our priorities are. Jesus says in (Matthew 6:19-21) Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth. Where is your heart? Since we can’t out – give God, we should at least be liberal in our giving. As we ready in (2 Corinthians 9:6-7) He who sows sparingly will also reap. Our giving is to be planned. Or should we not give, because we feel we have to give. Nor should we resent that we need to give to please God. We should be glad that we can give to the Lord.

We should never try to impress other people with our giving. If we do we already have our reward. Giving needs to be a private matter. We should not seek recognition for the things we do. Jesus says in (Matthew 6:1-4) Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men; we should seek the approval of God and not the glory of men.

Our giving should not only include material possessions but we must first give ourselves to God. We are told in (Romans 12:1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies.

If we will first give ourselves to the Lord, we will have no problem in being liberal giving is part of worshipping God in spirit and in truth.
Back to top Go down

TOPIC: OUR GIVING.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1