HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Continued Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
miia

miia

Continued Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Continued Discussion   Continued Discussion Empty7/21/2016, 22:25

This thread is only between Ed and myself, thanks.

Hi, Ed.

We still haven't finished our discussion.

Does Jesus say:

"I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.  So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. Come to terms quickly with your accuser while you are going with him to court, lest your accuser hand you over to the judge, and the judge to the guard, and you be put in prison. Truly, I say to you, you will never get out until you have paid the last penny. (Matthew 5:22-26)

Yes, or no?
Back to top Go down
FredandMary

PostSubject: Re: Continued Discussion   Continued Discussion Empty7/23/2016, 05:56

WHERE IS ED
Back to top Go down
miia

miia

PostSubject: Re: Continued Discussion   Continued Discussion Empty7/23/2016, 13:51

On another forum (HNet).
Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: Continued Discussion   Continued Discussion Empty7/23/2016, 14:16

Hi Miia,

Mathew is recorded as saying Jesus said the following...

"22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever
......shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary
.....deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.
26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence,
.....till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing." (Matt 5:22-26)

I believe verse #26 refers to hell being a temporary place for those placed in it.

What say you?
Back to top Go down
miia

miia

PostSubject: Re: Continued Discussion   Continued Discussion Empty7/25/2016, 13:11

Ed J wrote:

.....till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing." (Matt 5:22-26)

I believe verse #26 refers to hell being a temporary place for those placed in it.

What say you?

Yes I do believe it is temporary, and that's a good point about that verse.

However, do you believe that calling someone "Raca" is wrong?
What does "Raca" mean?
Hmm. Guess what - it's Aramaic, and it means:

"vain, empty, worthless, only found in Matt. 5:22. The Jews used it as a word of contempt. It is derived from a root meaning "to spit."

Bible Study Tools

"Fool" is from the word móros, and means "moron, moronic" – properly, dull (insipid), flat ("without an edge"); (figuratively) "mentally inert"; dull in understanding; nonsensical ("moronic"), lacking a grip on reality (acting as though "brainless").
Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: Continued Discussion   Continued Discussion Empty7/27/2016, 17:27

miia wrote:
Ed J wrote:
26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence,
.....till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing."
(Matt 5:22-26)

What say you?

Yes I do believe it is temporary, and that's a good point about that verse.

Hi Miia,

Because it is described as a permanent place, most people assume
that people are placed in it permanently. But because of verses like:

Matt 5:26 gives us reason to believe,
that though they may be in there for a while, it will ultimately be only temporary.

Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: Continued Discussion   Continued Discussion Empty7/27/2016, 17:34

miia wrote:

(1) What does "Raca" mean?
(2) do you believe that calling someone "Raca" is wrong?

Hi Miia,

1) O empty one, i.e. Thou worthless
2) It is not our call to call anyone worthless

miia

miia

PostSubject: Re: Continued Discussion   Continued Discussion Empty7/29/2016, 10:58

Quote :

1) O empty one, i.e. Thou worthless
2) It is not our call to call anyone worthless

So, raca means vain, empty, and worthless. Móros means dull in understanding, mentally inert, flat, nonsensical, and brainless.

To call people anything meaning those things is punishable.
Back to top Go down
miia

miia

PostSubject: Re: Continued Discussion   Continued Discussion Empty7/29/2016, 10:59

Duplicate
Back to top Go down
miia

miia

PostSubject: Re: Continued Discussion   Continued Discussion Empty8/2/2016, 15:15

Were you planning on answering /replying?
Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: Continued Discussion   Continued Discussion Empty8/2/2016, 15:27

Hi Miia,

I didn't see any questions there ???
To what do you want me reply to?

miia

miia

PostSubject: Re: Continued Discussion   Continued Discussion Empty8/2/2016, 16:05

Hi Ed,

Do you think God would be OK with you implying Christians such as myself and ..(others).. are ignorant, childish or more?
Back to top Go down
Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: Continued Discussion   Continued Discussion Empty10/2/2016, 06:50

miia wrote:
Hi Ed,

Do you think God would be OK with you implying Christians such as myself and ..(others).. are ignorant, childish or more?

Hi Miia, yes.

The Bible says: "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge" (Hosea 4:6)
So stop being ignorant like a little stubborn child and quit rejecting God's knowledge. (Gal.1:8, 2Cor.11:14)

islam is antichrist. You cannot reach out to muslims by affirming their satanic religion.
Jesus died for everyone - muslims need to learn GOD's message of salvation!

Ed J

Ed J

PostSubject: Re: Continued Discussion   Continued Discussion Empty10/2/2016, 06:58

"the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me." (John 14:30)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continued Discussion   Continued Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Continued Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Holy City Bible Code Forum :: Miscellaneous :: If you're not sure where to put it, put it here-